Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: Something New

Something New Something New by Megan Ryder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first book by the author therefore I have not read the previous books in this series, I do feel that I missed out on a lot of the connections in this book due to not having read the entire series.
Friends back together after 5 years for a wedding, there was so much going on with each person I'd like to have known more of their history, I felt at times like instead of being immersed in the story that I was like the outsider looking in, not knowing the secrets they referred to etc.
That being said I did love the story, and eventually all of the characters. Anna took some getting used to. She seemed and at times was quite the selfish diva and that drove me nuts, I really didn't connect with her until later in the book. To me she was not what Wyatt needed, it took a good bit for me to accept that she could concern herself with someone other than herself.
Wyatt had a stick up his butt but like most people who aren't obsessed with themselves, he learned to forgive and move on.
The secondary characters were hit or miss for me, again likely because I don't know their history and anything mentioned about them or it left me with questions.
I love a second chance romance and that's what Something New is. Actually it's an attempt at quite a few second chances but I don't know the other characters pasts together just hints at them.
3.5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment