Sunday, February 11, 2018

Review: CASH

CASH CASH by Scott Hildreth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When you see all the "this is book is better than the last" hype surrounding a book it's generally hit or miss.
When it's a Scott Hildreth book you just know it's not hype for presale numbers, you know are going to get a great story that will wind it's way through your heart and mind and leave you thinking that's the best one yet.

Cash is that book (once again) I feel like I'm forever changing my favorite characters each time I review one this authors books. The characters are always so damn amazing you just can't put anyone above them and yes that's what happened with Kimberly and Cash.
This story is a bit different, Kimberly has a few years on Cash, which we usually don't see. I'm one who always dated and married older than me so it's never been my theme of choice in books as I don't really connect with the character but Kimberly changed that. I loved her from go, she'd been down a rough road and lost everything she had but she didn't let that get her down for long. She worked through her loss, understanding what happened but knowing what she needed to do. She moved on, she created a new life for herself, not the one she originally had planned or even what she had dreamed of but she has a decent life that for the most part makes her happy.
She meets her neighbor Cash when he responds to her call for help.

Cash doesn't do relationships, he never has. That doesn't make him a prick towards women in general and he won't tolerate violence towards them which is what brings him to Kimberly's door step.
After showing her ex the door he realizes he wants to see her again.
This is where things get complicated for Cash. He doesn't do feelings, he shouldn't want to know more about a woman but he does.
This starts an internal battle with himself that tends to boil over a bit on the outside.

As expected I truly loved this story. I respected the hero and heroine, fell for them and turned each page excited about what would happen next.
Cash is hilarious, it's sweet, it's sexy and my all time second favorite book by the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment