Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review: Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous by L.P. Dover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the author, have enjoyed many of her books and adored them.
That being said Anonymous was more just okay for me.
What I liked:
Jake & Ellie's love for each other.
The family ties.
The most amazing best friend.

I was hooked on the blurb, a stalker who knows you and you don't know who he is?
I went in with really high hopes so maybe I let myself down a bit on this one. I had a strong feeling who the stalker was very early on, an it drove me nuts because every time they found evidence or questioned someone I kept looking at this person which in the end I was right. I didn't know for sure, there's no dead giveaway or anything it just hit me very early that this person was perfect for the job.
I had issues with the drinking as well. They want to have a baby so Ellie refrains from drinking at a Halloween party yet less than 2 months later Jake is refilling her wine glass repeatedly. There was enough attention put on the want of a baby that this seemed an important little bit of information to me. As well as when she takes her first pregnancy test with Jake, her thoughts of it being the first one she'll take with him present yet we heard nothing about previous tests up until this point.
There were a few inconsistencies that drove me nuts and that's why this one is 3.5-4 stars for me.
Anonymous had potential, I think honestly a few minor tweaks and it could be amazing but I'm caught up on those things and it took away from the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment